Doing the right thing is what we aim to do at Hodge.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas, owns 79% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus an extra day off at Christmas
- Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans
- Regular sports and social events
- Use of gym and spa facilities
- Weekly fruit delivery
- Local discounts – coffee shops, restaurants, bars
- Prestigious offices in city centre location
Graduate Actuarial Trainee Salary: £Competitive + benefits and Study Package
Start Date: Summer 2018
An exciting opportunity for a proactive and ambitious graduate, this is an interesting and diverse role, offering prospects for personal development and career progression.
As Graduate Actuarial Trainee, the purpose of your role will be to support the actuarial team in the production of financial outputs and assist in the development and improvement of the actuarial processes and systems.
You will be given financial support and study leave with the expectation of attaining the Fellowship qualification within 4 to 6 years.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Actuary, your key responsibilities will include:
- Production of regular internal financial reports
- External statutory reporting including QRT submissions
- Developing Excel and Prophet based models
- Product pricing and new business statistics
- Management information on company performance
Responsibilities for this role will increase with the progression of qualifications and development within the role.
The postholder must be highly numerate and methodical in their approach and display good attention to detail. They will have strong analytical and communication skills, and thrive in a complex and changing environment.
A degree of 2.1 or higher is essential, ideally in actuarial science or a mathematical subject. Familiarity with the Financial Services sector would be desirable.
Candidates must be available to attend a recruitment day/ interviews at the end of May 2018.Apply Now
Administration Assistant Starting Salary: £16,000 per annum + benefits
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (including English and Maths), is essential. Previous general administration experience in a similar role within a busy office environment is desirable, but not essential.
This opportunity may suit graduates who are interested in developing a career in financial services and progressing with experience.
This is a varied role, providing administrative support within a busy department. Your day to day duties will include:
- Undertaking administration of new business applications and existing plans in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaising by telephone and email with customers, independent financial advisers and other administrative teams to gather information and take instruction.
- Making outbound calls to request/clarify information, keeping accurate file notes of calls received and producing quotations and other relevant documents in accordance with company procedures.
- Keeping the departmental systems up to date, scanning documents and recording the completion of each new piece of work promptly.
- Coordinating incoming and outbound mail, and maintaining filing systems on a daily basis.
- Undertaking financial reconciliations and identifying the source of payments.
The successful candidate will be computer literate, organised and able to work under their own initiative. You will have the ability to multi-task and to work under pressure at times. This role requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. We are looking for individuals who demonstrate a confident and friendly approach, and who work well as part of a team.Apply Now
Chief Executive – Hodge Limited Salary: Six figure executive package
Hodge Limited is one of Wales’ foremost and well respected financial services brands with well-established bank and life assurance businesses. Originally founded by Sir Julian Hodge, the Group is independent, privately-owned and ethically-motivated.
Hodge Bank provides a range of savings products to consumers and lends to commercial, investor and developer clients. Hodge Lifetime is a specialist and award-winning provider of equity release, later life mortgages and annuities.
With c. £2bn in total assets, a base of 60,000 customers, and 170 committed employees, Hodge is well-positioned for the future. Following the announcement that its Managing Director is to retire after a long and successful tenure, the Board seeks an inspiring leader who can drive the business through continued transformation and growth.
- Provide dynamic leadership towards delivering the Group’s mission and vision through the development and execution of the Group’s strategy.
- Develop, foster and embed the culture of the Group and create an atmosphere that delivers positive customer outcomes, great performance and high staff morale.
- Maintain communications and foster good working relationships with all major stakeholders: shareholders, the Board, regulators, customers and suppliers.
- An experienced business leader with a strong track record of leadership at board level within banking or wider financial services.
- A strategic and commercial operator, with a track record of developing and delivering commercially sound strategies which take account of customer, market and digital opportunities.
- Possesses an inspirational and visible leadership style with the ability to motivate and influence people and teams to achieve ambitious goals.
For enquiries please contact Odgers Berndston on 029 2078 3050, or for more information view the opportunity on the Odgers Berndston website. Click here for more information.
Building Surveyor Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience) + company car
Hodge Lifetime’s Property Team is responsible for the division’s property-related risk which includes underwriting lending applications, monitoring of the property portfolio, resolution of problem cases and managing property sales.
We are currently looking for a Building Surveyor with residential property experience and a proven understanding of the housing market, to join our team. The vacancy is primarily field-based covering a wide geographical area across the UK. A full and clean UK driving licence is therefore essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out various property condition surveys/inspections to identify any defects or maintenance requirements;
- Recording inspection findings, escalating any problems or issues identified to the Property Manager for consideration;
- Liaising by telephone, email and face-to-face with customers or their representatives (executors/estates of deceased clients, relatives etc.) and relevant third parties (valuers, estate agents etc.), ensuring service levels are met.
This is a technical role and requires the post holder to have excellent residential property/construction knowledge to be able to conduct inspections in a methodical and structured way, with an eye for detail. You will be expected to demonstrate a familiarity with relevant rules and standards, as well as the ability to apply basic inspection techniques to identify common potential defects and understand the related implications.
Ideally, we are looking for a competent inspector/building surveyor with existing knowledge of residential housing from a background in either:
- a similar property-related role within financial services;
- local authority/housing association;
- building consultants/surveying firms.
You will have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and able to manage your time effectively. In addition, excellent communication and the ability to be tactful in sensitive situations are important skills for this role.
A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification in Building/Surveying is essential. The successful candidate will be encouraged to continue with their professional development. Financial support and study leave may be available.Apply Now